Benefits of Membership
Anyone who has studied Therapeutic Touch® and has attained Level 1 or Foundations of Therapeutic Touch, as developed by Dolores Krieger, PhD, RN, and Dora Kunz, and who agrees to abide by the BCTTNS Code of Ethics and Conduct, is invited to become a member of the BC Therapeutic Touch Network Society.
There are many wonderful reasons to enjoy membership with BCTTNS because it offers:
- The RIGHT to practise Therapeutic Touch and use the words “Therapeutic Touch” as it is a Registered Trademark in Canada.
- Reduced rates at BCTTNS CONFERENCES.
- Free admission to the Annual General Meeting and voting privileges.
- SCHOLARSHIPS available to attend Conferences or Educational Workshops.
- FELLOWSHIP with others who also practise TT.
- CONNECTEDNESS through Regional Representatives, Practice Groups, Conferences and informative newsletters.
- ENCOURAGEMENT through contact with experienced TT practitioners.
- LEARNING opportunities for beginners and advanced practitioners.
- A NETWORK CIRCLE for members facing serious health issues.
- PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT for those who want to advance their talents as speakers, writers, or organizers.
- PARTICIPATION in the advancement of complementary and alternative holistic health care.
- Being part of a GLOBAL TT community.
- STANDARDS OF PRACTICE of TT instruction and course curricula for BC, in line with the national and international curricula.
- An ACCREDITATION process for those wishing to achieve TT Recognized Practitioner and TT Recognized Teacher status.
- SUPERVISION DAYS for members to receive supervised sessions.
- VOLUNTEER opportunities to represent BCTTNS and offer TT sessions at sanctioned public events, covered by BCTTNS Insurance.
- PERSONAL LIABILITY INSURANCE available for purchase for private practice.
- BCTTNS T-SHIRTS available for purchase to proudly wear to represent BCTTNS.
As a BCTTNS member, you will receive a warm welcome, along with:
- Membership card for your wallet
- “Ask me about Therapeutic Touch” button to wear to help start a conversation
- Name on website as Member for validation of membership (optional)
- BC Therapeutic Touch Society Network (BCTTNS) Newsletter Shifts in Energy via email
- Therapeutic Touch Network of Ontario (TTNO) Newsletter via email
- Therapeutic Touch Network of Canada (TTNC) Newsletter via email
BCTTNS Website: bctherapeutictouch.com